IT WAS all go at St Enoch Subway Station in 1955.
The landmark station was queued out as commuters jostled their way to the ticket booths and down the stairs to the platforms in time to get home for their tea.
The illuminated 'Underground' sign also poses a question: well, is it the 'Subway' or the 'Underground'?
The ornate station building is pretty well all that remains of the 'old' St Enoch Square, which was once home to St Enoch Church and the huge mainline station and hotel of the same name.
The railway station opened in 1876, and Subway station in 1896.
The last church on the site, built to mark the burial place of St Thenew, the mother of St Kentigern, also known as St Mungo, the Patron Saint of Glasgow, was demolished in 1926.