IT WAS a case of 'kneesy' does it as these students got to grips with patients at Glasgow Royal Infirmary in 1938.
Although we may think of massage as a relatively modern medical discipline, the hospital was ahead of the curve, launching a dedicated School of Massage (for men only, we hasten to add), as early as 1931.
Housed in the hospital's former Blind Asylum, it was the only school of its kind in Scotland, and specialised in treating sports and gymnastic injuries with the fearsome sounding 'medical electricity'.
The course, which lasted just 18 months, was open to those who had passed their school leaving certificate.
Today, the practitioners would be called medical physiotherapists and would posses a degree level qualification.