IT WAS a case of 'Chipmunks at 12 o'clock' as these pilots from the Glasgow University Air Squadron flew over the Kelvin Hall in 1954.
And, unless our photographer had come equipped with a very long ladder, we have to presume he was tailing them in a fourth aircraft.
Formed in January 1941, and initially recruiting only from the university, during the war years the squadron was actively engaged in the pre-entry training of students for the Royal Air Force. By the end of hostilities, some 400 members had gone on to join the RAF.
The Chipmunk training aircraft, introduced in the post-war year, replaced older, Tiger Moth biplane aircraft, and were in service until 1974.
Now called the Universities of Glasgow and Strathclyde Air Squadron, the flight is still flying.