THERE wasn't much left of the Kelvin Hall after a blaze in 1925.
This was all that remained of the wooden building originally created for the Glasgow International Exhibition in 1901, where more than 11 million visitors came to learn about the latest inventions.
That major event's main legacy for Glasgow was the nearby Art Galleries and Museum, but the original Kelvin Hall served its purpose until this blaze.
But out of the ashes rose the building that stands on the same site today - with its key role in the Commonwealth Games.
With new sporting facilities elsewhere in the city and the Kelvin Hall itself being redeveloped, it still has a key role as the place where the Games volunteers will collect their uniforms and accreditation.