200g Diced chicken
125ml Natural yoghurt
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Ground
1 tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp Mint sauce
1 tbs Tikka paste
1 garlic clove crushed
Juice of half a lemon
50g Tomato puree
1 Red pepper
Boiled Rice with Turmeric
5g ground turmeric
1. Place the chicken into suitable bowl.
2. Mix together with the yoghurt, seasoning, spices, garlic, lemon juice and tomato puree.
3. Pour this over the chicken and leave to marinade.
4. Thread pieces of chicken, onion and peppers onto soaked wooden skewers.
5. Place under hot grill until cooked.
1. Wash rice, then add to a pan of boiling water along with the salt and turmeric.
2. Stir to the water until it comes back to the boil then simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Pour into a sieve and rinse well under cold running water, then put back into the hot water to reheat.
4. Place rice into a mould, turn out and serve.