Ingredients - Serves 8
1kg Scotty Brand Kestrel Potatoes, diced
2 onions, finely sliced
1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
100ml double cream
200g cold or hot smoked salmon, in strips/chunks
Sprig of dill for garnish
Large knob of butter
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the bay leaf and onions, and cook for 8-10 mins until the onions are soft.
2. Add the potatoes, stirring well to coat them in the butter.
3. Stir in the cream and stock.
4. Simmer for 10-15 mins, until the potatoes are soft.
5. If you want to freeze some of the soup for another day, undercook the potatoes slightly.
6. Blend until smooth.
7.Add most of the salmon to the soup, leaving a small amount for finishing touches.
8. Stir well and season to taste. Serve in deep bowls topped with slices of cold or hot smoked salmon and a sprig of dill