Mango, coconut and cardamon infused cheesecake
Makes 4 Mini cheesecakes
10 digestive biscuits
50g melted butter
8 cardamom seeds (crushed into powder)
2 mangos / 1 pureed and 1 finely diced
200ml double cream
2 tbsp mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
1 tbsp caster sugar
175g desiccated coconut
1 packet gellatine mix
Rubicon mango juice
1 deep round cutter
Mango Jelly Topping
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
2. Peel 1 mango and add to a blender to make into a puree.
3. Mix the gelatine mix with amount of water specified on packet, substituting the water with mango juice instead. Add a little pureed mango and mix together. Pour the mix onto a tray about 1cm deep and leave in the fridge to set.
4. Whisk the cream until ribbons are left when you spoon the cream. Fold in the cheese, sugar and desiccated coconut.
5. Fold into the cheese mix the diced mango and place this in the fridge to chill.
6. Crush biscuits with a rolling pin in a bag and mix. Remove crushed biscuit from the bag and add to the melted butter and crushed cardamom. Scatter over the base of a greased, lined cake tin (18-20cm in diameter) and press down with the back of a spoon to form an even layer. Bake for 5-10 minutes until golden and aromatic. Leave to cool.
7. Cut the set jelly into circles the size of the round cutter you will later stack the cheesecake mixes into (to shape the cheesecake).
8. Use the same cutter to pack the biscuit base into and then the cheesecake mix on top, then add the jelly circle.
9. Remove mental cutter to get your round cheesecake.
10. Cut the spare mango into leaves to decorate the plate with.