750g Scotty Brand carrots (grated)
400g tin of chickpeas
1 small onion, chopped
2tbsp tahini paste
1tsp ground cumin
3tbsp rapeseed oil
100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
150ml natural yoghurt
3tbsp sesame seeds
1. Pop 1/3 of the carrots into a blender with the chick peas, onion, tahini, cumin, and a large tablespoon of the yoghurt. Whizz it all into a thick paste.
2. Heat the oil and fry the remaining grated carrot until it's soft and then add it to the paste with the egg, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, lemon juice and sesame seeds. Season to taste.
3. Chill for ten minutes if you have time (the mixture, not you!), then shape it into burgers.
4. Cook either on a barbecue or in a hot frying pan with a little oil. The burgers will need about two minutes on each side.
5. Serve with flatbreads, as shown above, or with any type of burger bun. Use more of the natural yoghurt as a garnish.
A video of the recipe being made can be seen at http://scottybrand.com/scottys-home-movies/