Ingredients (serves 2)
1 litre boiling water
2 chicken stock cubes
½ red chilli, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 spring onions
½ red pepper
½ pkt mange tout, left whole or halved
6 asparagus, 'woody' end removed and halved
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
½ tbsp sesame oil
½ tsp chilli flakes
2 sticks buckwheat noodles (1 per person)
2 chicken breasts, marinated in dark soy sauce
½ lime, juice only
1.Place water and chicken stock cube into a large pan and bring to the boil.
2. Half chicken breast lengthways through the middle and place in a bowl with some dark soy to marinade and take on some colour.
3. Finely slice the dark green tops of the spring onions and reserve the rest for later for garnish.
4. Add in the chilli ginger, garlic and spring onion tops to the stock and gently simmer for 10 minutes to infuse flavour.
5. Add in all sauces, chilli flakes and sesame oil.
6. Cook buckwheat noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes and then drain. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process and place in a bowl drizzled with a little oil. This stops them sticking together
7. Heat up a char grill pan and place chicken in. Allow to cook for 3 minutes on either side. Place into the broth to finish cooking for 5 minutes.
8. Remove chicken from the broth and add in the vegetables. Cook these for 3 minutes.
9. Cut the remaining spring onions at a sharp angle for garnish and the same can be done for the remaining half chilli if you like it spicy.
10. Slice chicken at an angle. Place the noodles into the serving bowls.
11. Finish broth off with the lime juice and fresh coriander.
12. Pour into each bowl and top the noodles with the sliced chicken.
13. Garnish with fresh chilli and spring onions and more coriander.