Situated just along the road from the western exit to Central Station, the street was always a buzz with buses and cars, all battling to reach their destinations on time.
Opened in 1927, and operated by Lanarkshire's Central SMT bus company, as many as 250 vehicles a day negotiated the station's narrow entrance to pick up and drop off passengers.
The firm's fleet of red Leyland Titan and Bristol Lodekka double-deckers, with their open back step, were a familiar sight on city streets.
The firm ran services from as far west as Luss, by Loch Lomond, to Peebles, in the Borders.
The Waterloo Street Station closed in 1971 when services moved to the then new Anderston Bus Station.