Known as The Hi-Hi, they were League Cup finalists in 1960, crowds at their Cathkin Park ground were often in five figures and they'd scored more than 100 goals in the 60/61 season.
Little did these players know, as they trained beside their new stand, that just four years later the club would be bankrupt and consigned to the pages of sporting history.
Formed in 1872, the club played its first games at Victoria Park, in Scotstoun, before moving to their South Side home.
Sadly, by 1967 mounting debts, poor results and falling gates had done for the club and it folded with debts of £40,000.
Today, the Cathkin Park stadium, now owned by the city council, lies empty and forlorn, with only litter and crows on the old terracing.