Cloughley's, near the tram depot, in Maryhill Road, had been selling ale and porter to the thirsty locals since 1889. Back then it had no licence to sell strong spirits and the owners bottled their own beer on the premises.
Things had improved by 1960, as the gantry of spirits bottles testifies, but little else seems to have changed.
The wee fellow sitting in the back corner is legendary Evening Times journalist Jack 'Mr Glasgow' House. We wonder what the famous wit and bon vivant would have made of the plan for 1am opening? We suspect he would have been all in favour.
Now called the Ramshead, this bar is still serving up pints, pies and shorts to the thirsty burghers of Maryhill.