Nardini's, the town's No 1 supplier of the sweet treat, has been serving up pokey-hats, slider, double nuggets and oysters since 1890.
The resort's landmark Art Deco cafe, built at a cost of £10,000, opened its doors in 1935 and was an immediate hit with visitors and locals alike.
Operating from 10am to 10pm, the luxurious venue even boasted an orchestra and ballroom.
While most punters would buy an ice-cream to munch on the hoof, posher patrons could sit down to a full fish tea, with wine, served up by uniformed flunkies.
Although no longer owned by the Nardini family, the cafe is still the town's star attraction.