Back in 1914 this was the scene at Killermont terminus, at Garscube Bridge on Maryhill Road, on the old Glasgow boundary.
Back then it was horse-drawn cabs, carriages and charbancs which choked up the road. There is only one car in sight, and it is heading straight for us. In fact, the wee dog on the right better watch itself if it doesn't want to vanish under its wheels.
Just like any modern day taxi rank, the Kelvin crossing was a great place for the drivers to stop and stretch their legs, have a natter and grab a cup of tea and a bite to eat. Even the horses got a rest and a nosebag of oats.
The old, stone bridge seen here was replaced in 1929, at a cost of £40,000, as part of a programme of road improvement incorporating a tramway extension from Garscube to Milngavie.