The tower, which sat atop Ibrox Hill in Bellahouston Park, stood 300 feet tall (91.44m) and had three separate observation decks which provided a view of the surrounding gardens and city. The tower could be seen dozens of miles away.
Designed by Thomas S Tait, it took just nine weeks to build and was meant to remain as a lasting monument to the exhibition. Sadly, with the onset of war, it was felt it would act as a beacon to Nazi bombers and was demolished in 1939. Today, only its foundations remain.