Ally McCoist had his phone hacked by the News Of The World, reports claimed today.
The Rangers' manager is said to have been told by senior officers from London's Metropolitan Police and Strathclyde Police that he is another high-profile victim of the now defunct Sunday newspaper.
It is believed the name of the Ibrox boss was found in documents obtained by an inquiry team investigating the phone hacking activities of the newspaper.
It's alleged the manager had been targeted "repeatedly." McCoist joins a list of prominent Scots who have had their phones hacked. They include Sir Sean Connery, ex-First Minister Jack McConnell and TV newsreader Sarah Heaney.
Police have found the names of victims in a notebook belonging to private detective Glenn Mulcaire, who worked for the paper.