SCOTT HARRISON is set for a quick fire return to the ring after he sealed his comeback with a fourth-round victory over Gyorgy Mizsei at the Kelvin Hall.
Harrison's manger Alex Morrison revealed he will get the Glaswegian another run out before placing him on the undercard of the Ricky Burns versus Kevin Mitchell WBO lightweight title at the SECC on September 22.
Harrison turned in an emphatic performance in which he showed that six-and-a-half years out of the ring have done nothing to diminish his hand speed and ring craft least of all his renowned desire.
Now Harrison is back with a bang, Alex is determined to keep him busy.
He said: "Scott will be on the undercard of Burns versus Mitchell and that will be a fight for some form of meaningful title.
"But before that I want to get him another run out even if it is just for six threes. Now we have him back we want to keep him active.
"But I thought he was superb on Friday given how long he has been out of the ring."
However, Harrison's future may not lie at lightweight. The former WBO champion was walking around two pounds under the 135lbs limit two days before last week's weigh-in and Morrison says the 34-year-old's route back to a world title may well come at super-featherweight (130lbs).
His manager said: "Scott had no bother making lightweight and reckons he could do super-featherweight without too much difficulty.
"So we will talk about and see what is best. I will be meeting Frank Warren later today and he phoned me immediately after Scott's fight had finished on Box Nation and has more than one option for us to go down."
While too much can't be read into Friday's demolition of Hungarian novice Mizsei, Harrison did everything that was asked of him and more.
His punch selection and the sequence he used to throw different shots to destroy his opponent is a skill you can't teach.
The left hook that put Mizsei down three times in the second round was particularly brutal and the eight-punch combination Harrison threw at the end of the same session is something none of his contemporaries at lightweight at the top end of the domestic market could have produced.
With Harrison due to fight on the undercard of Burns versus Mitchell it seems most likely that an all-tartan super fight between the latter and Burns, should he overcome the Londoner, is very much on the cards – after all money talks loudest.
For his part, Harrison says he would relish a shot at the WBO lightweight champion from Coatbridge.
He said: "I want to fight for the world title and Ricky Burns is the lightweight champion. So if that is a fight I have to take then that would be great.
"But I just want to say a big thanks to all my fans. I had to repay them for their support on Friday night and hopefully I did that.
"I'd also like to thank my mother and my father for sticking with me through all the bad times. I am back now and I will be world champion before the end of the year.
"That is my target and no one will stop me achieving it."
Meanwhile, Greenock's John Simpson is in line for a crack at the British super-featherweight title after he stopped Paul Appleby in the sixth round of their Celtic title fight.
Simpson took revenge for his 2008 British title defeat at the hands of Appleby after a big right hand knocked the South Queensferry man out.
The 28-year-old said: "I am just so glad to have won and with the Appleby fight being a British title eliminator it had a lot riding on it.
"If I'd lost that would have been it for me but now I have it all to look forward to."