SEVEN people were injured in a spate of weekend house fires in Strathclyde.

On Saturday, a Glasgow man was rushed to hospital after a blaze broke out in the kitchen of his South Side flat.

He suffered severe smoke inhalation following the incident at around 6am, and was taken to the Victoria Infirmary for treatment.

At around 9.45am, a woman suffered smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the kitchen of her flat in Duke Wynd, Dennistoun.

The following day a woman in Castlemilk was given oxygen after reporting smoke in her property.

Crews from Castlemilk Fire Station raced to the scene and ventilated the property, before offering survival advice to the female resident.

Meanwhile, a woman was taken to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation following a small fire in the kitchen of her home in Stevenston, North Ayrshire.

She was given oxygen before being taken to hospital.

The fire occurred at around 4am on Saturday.

Later, at 8.40am, a woman suffered smoke inhalation after a blaze broke out in a shop on the isle of Arran.

The fire service used a main water jet to douse flames which were billowing out of the shop in Pirnmill.

The woman was given oxygen by firefighters before being passed to the care of the Scottish Ambulance Service.

At 7.15pm, crews from Kilwinning and Ardrossan treated a woman suffering from smoke inhalation following reports of a fire in Seamill, North Ayrshire.

On Sunday, an elderly man was treated by firefighters after a blaze broke out in the living room of his house in Jamestown, West Dunbartonshire.

The incident occurred shortly after 11.10pm and the man did not require hospitalisation.

A Fire Service spkesman said: "These incidents clearly demonstrate the importance of every home having at least one working smoke alarm."