A COMMUNITY is in shock following the death of a schoolgirl after a suspected drug incident at a Glasgow night club.

Regane Lenaghan MacColl, 17, from Duntocher, near Clydebank, became ill while inside the Arches nightclub in Glasgow on Saturday, and was rushed to the Royal Infirmary.
She died in the early hours of Sunday – and police say her death could be linked to red “mortal kombat” tablets, which have a red dragon logo stamped on them.
Police have issued a warning about the tablets which have been linked to four other people falling ill.
A second woman, aged 19 and understood to be a university student, was admitted to the Glasgow Royal Infirmary, but later discharged.
A further three men, two aged 18 and one aged 26, were admitted to Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock.
One 18-year-old was later transferred to Hairmyres Hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition.  The other two men are still at Crosshouse Hospital.
As part of an ongoing Police Scotland investigation, a 19-year-old woman was arrested in Clydebank and charged with alleged drugs offences. She has been released and is due to appear in court at a later date.
A sixth-year pupil at St Peter the Apostle High School, Regane lived in a quiet  area of Duntocher.
Her family was too upset to speak about the tragedy, but Lawrence O’Neill, a
local councillor, is a close friend of both Regane’s parents.
On behalf of the family, he said: “Both Alastair and Vickie are thankful for the overwhelming goodwill gestures and condolences offered to them since the tragedy emerged. They would hope now that
people will give the family time to grieve in peace.
“Both Alastair and Vickie and the wider family are absolutely devastated by this. It’s one of those things that always happens to someone else and never you or your children.
“The two of them are shattered that this has happened to their daughter who really was a bright light in their lives and for her family and friends and those who knew her. That light has now gone out.”
Regane was described as “popular” and “bubbly”. A shop worker who knew Regane, but asked not to be named, said: “She was a much loved big sister. I knew her when she was younger, but of course as they get older you don’t see them as much.”
She added: “She was just lovely. The family will be devastated. She was so close to her mum.
“I just saw her mum on Friday. It will be a terrible loss to her family and the community.
“You just don’t know what young people are up to nowadays.
“You tell them not to do things but sometimes they just do it.”
St Peter the Apostle High School head teacher Linda Booth described Regane as “popular, hard-working and enthusiastic.”
She said: “Our whole school community feels a deep sense of grief and our thoughts and prayers are with Regane’s family and friends at this devastating time.
“Regane was a popular, hard-working and enthusiastic pupil and staff always found her to be pleasant and well-mannered.
“This is a real tragedy for a girl who worked so hard and I’m sure would have gone on to achieve so much in her life.”
West Dunbartonshire Council said it provided drug awareness education appropriate to the ages of pupils.
Police Scotland said it was still unclear what caused Regane’s death and a post mortem examination will be carried out.