A GLASGOW nightclub's licence is under threat following the suspected drugs death of a schoolgirl.
Licensing chiefs received a letter from Police Scotland about The Arches after 17-year-old Regane MacColl died.
Officials are now considering a request to review The Arches' licence.
The move came after the death of Miss MacColl, from Duntocher, Dunbartonshire, in the early hours of Sunday, February 2.
She died after becoming ill inside the city club.
Earlier this week, bosses at The Arches decided to stop anyone under 21 from attending club nights.
Police believe Miss MacColl's death may be linked to red 'Mortal Kombat' ecstasy tablets and issued a warning.
A 19-year-old woman, who had also been at the Arches, was admitted to the Glasgow Royal Infirmary the same night Miss MacColl became ill.
A spokesman for Glasgow Licensing Board said: "A request to review the licence of the Arches has been received and this will be considered in due course."
Following the tragedy, club nights at The Arches were cancelled for two weeks.
A spokesman for the club said a new entry policy had been introduced.
Yesterday, the Evening Times reported how another city nightclub boss feared a strict age limit at Glasgow venues could empty the city's streets.
Donald MacLeod, head of leisure firm CPL, fears a roll-out of the policy could give the impression the city centre is a no-go area.
Mr MacLeod, who runs venues including the Garage, Tunnel and Cathouse, said: "The main fear is that this would become an adopted policy and rolled out across the city.
"It would be a huge culture shock and would empty the streets of Glasgow. I also think it would drive drinking underground.
Former top cop Graeme Pearson believes the strict age limit would "shift the problem elsewhere".
The Labour MSP said targeting drug dealers would be more effective in preventing future deaths.
More than 1400 clubbers have already signed a anti-21 door policy petition.
The petition, called Get The Arches back to Over-18s, was posted online just hours after the club made the announcement.
It reads: "Changing the age restriction will in no way tackle this matter."
The Arches said the under-21 ban starts immediately.