STUDENTS from Glasgow Caledonian University have voted for ­Scotland to remain in the UK in a mock referendum.

The survey of more than 1500 students found 63% in favour of Scotland remaining in the UK against 37% who supported independence.

The result follows similar votes at Glasgow University and ­mirrors recent opinion polls which indicate support for independence remains below two-fifths.

Sogand Azimi, a student at Glasgow Caledonian University, said: "This is another ­encouraging result for the campaign to keep Scotland in the UK.

"The young people of Scotland know that we are stronger and better together."