The husband of radio DJ Susie McGuire has denied a string of domestic charges.

Derek Mitchell allegedly assaulted his wife - whose married name is Susan Mitchell - in a number of attacks between December 24, 2009, and December 9, 2011.

The 35-year-old appeared in public for the first time today to face the charges at Paisley Sheriff Court where he was represented by lawyer Stephen Bentley.

Mr Bentley said: "He pleads not guilty to all charges on the indictment.

"My motion today is to seek an adjournment of the trial sitting. The principal reason for that, further preparation is required by the defence on behalf of Mr Mitchell."

The motion was not opposed by the Crown, and the trial was set for May and Mitchell's bail was continued.

Mitchell is charged with assaulting Ms McGuire on December 24, 2009 at the NCP car park on Mitchell Street, Glasgow, by grabbing her by the neck, restricting her breathing and biting her on the cheek.

He is alleged to have pushed her against a wall on May 21, 2011 at Polnoon Street, Eaglesham, grabbing her hand and pulling back her finger to her severe injury, permanent disfigurement and permanent impairment.

Mitchell is also accused of grabbing Ms McGuire and pulling her on the body on September 30, 2011, at Mar Hall in Bishopton and in another assault on the same day and place by grabbing her hand and digging his nails into it.

An alleged assault on December 9, 2011, is said to have taken place at 29 Private Members Club in Glasgow city centre where he is accused of biting her on the body and hitting her on the head and attempting to hit her head, to her injury.

The charges allege that on various occasions between March 2009 and October 2013, he pushed and hit Ms McGuire and grabbed her by the throat.

Mitchell faces further charges of behaving in a threatening or abusive manner on various occasions between October 2010 and 2013 and breaching the peace on dates between March 2009 and October 2010.

He also faces a charge of cutting the roof and tyres on her car on April 25, 2010 and two breaches of bail in October 2013.