A TOP police officer today vowed to bring the killer of Glasgow mum Jean Campbell to justice.

More than three months after the 53-year-old was murdered, Chief Super-intendent Andy Bates said officers were investigating numerous leads.

His pledge comes as the Evening Times revealed murder rates in Glasgow have plunged to the lowest level for more than a decade.

Official statistics show that last year 15 people lost their lives in the city - less than half of the 40 recorded in 2002/03.

And of the deaths so far this year, detectives have solved all but one.

Mystery surrounds the murder of Mrs Campbell, as she walked her dog Kai in Cranhill Park, just yards from her home on the night of December 13.

Mr Bates, said: "I am absolutely convinced every stone has been turned over.

"We just need that breakthrough - and we will get it."

Mrs Campbell was last seen heading towards the park at around 10.30pm. Her battered body was found at around 7.40am the next day by her husband.

Asked if he had a message for the killer, Mr Bates warned: "We will catch you. There is no doubt about it, we will lock you up."

A fresh television appeal to help solve the murder is due to be aired after officers teamed up with bosses at BBC's Crimewatch.

Mr Bates said: "Somebody out there knows something and we will get that break in the case.

"A full-scale investigation is under way and the person who committed this murder will be brought to justice.

"Sometime before I retire, we will lock up the person repsonsible."

Detectives are still trying to piece together Mrs Campbell's last movements.

More than 1200 local people have been DNA-tested as the probe contin-ues and Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £5000 for information.

Mr Bates said he understands people are concerned that the killer has not yet been caught, but unsolved murders in Glasgow are incredibly rare.

Our investigation revealed the murder rate has shown a drop of more than 60% in recent years after a police blitz on serious violent crime.

Murders recorded by detectives have fallen 12% in the first year of Police Scotland, from 17 in 2012/13 to 15 in 2013/14.

That still means 15 families have been left mourning a loved one.

Here are some of the stories behind the toll of killings in the city last year.

Police were unwilling to give details of four Glasgow murder victims whose killers were caught soon after the crime was committed.

DEREK MOORE, 26, from Govan. Died January 2, 2013.

Mr Moore died following an alleged disturbance at his flat in Drive Road.

A man has appeared in court in connection with the death.

AUDREY GRAY, 50, from Govan. Died April 27.

Audrey died at the scene when she was allegedly struck by a car in McGregor Street in Drumoyne, near Govan.

A man appeared in court in connection with her death.

FATEMEH BOSTANI, 43, from Cardonald. Died June 3.

Abbas Nikabady stabbed his wife Fatemeh Bostani 29 times during the attack.

After the stabbing, Nikabady walked to a nearby police station and said: "I've killed my wife. I brought out her heart."

The mother-of-two was killed in the kitchen of the family home in Moss Heights Avenue.

Nikabady, 44, was ordered to serve at least 18 years behind bars before being eligible for parole.

LORRAINE FOY, 36, from Cranhill. Died June 22.

Lorraine's terrified teenage daughters saw their mum stabbed to death in a frenzied attack in a Glasgow street.

Tracy Meikle was jailed for the murder following a row in Crowlin Crescent, Cranhill.

Meikle was ordered to serve at least 15 years before she can apply for release on licence.

JONATHAN SCOTLAND, 33, from Glasgow. Died September 25.

Mr Scotland was discovered at Blythswood Court in the city centre.

He died after allegedly falling from the eighth floor.

A man appeared in court in connection with the death.

FRANCIS McGROW, 55, from the East End. Died October 27.

His body was discovered in his flat on Hermiston Road.

A man appeared in court in connection with his death.

Mr McGrow was the brother of Tam McGraw, known as The Licensee, the late Glasgow crime boss who died from a suspected heart attack in 2007.

SEAN HUMPHREY, 26, from Shettleston. Died October 28.

Sean was found dead in a property in Etive Street, Shettleston.

Two men have appeared in court in connection with the death.

JOSEPHINE STEELE, 45, from Townhead. Found October 30.

Josephine was found dead at a flat in Dobbie's Loan Place, Townhead.

A man appeared in court in connection with her death.

Her body was discovered after concerns were raised she had not been seen for some time.

EDWARD BENNETT, 49, from Cranhill. Died November 6.

The father-of-four was killed after suffering horrific wounds to his head, neck, chest and abdomen.

His neighbour Danielle Watson admitted the killing.

SIMON RICHARDSON, 45, from Paisley. Died November 10.

Mr Richardson was allegedly attacked in Glasgow city centre. He later died in Glasgow's Royal Infirmary.

A man has appeared in court in connection with his death.