GLASGOW'S top two citizens lent a helping hand for a historic event.
Lord Provost Sadie Docherty and Lord Dean of Guild Raymond Williamson were at the first of a series of events taking place to mark the reopening of Glasgow Art Club's Gallery later this year.
They were joined by Deacon Convener Hamish C Brodie for an afternoon of celebration and reflection, and to witness the placing of a time capsule in the gallery.
This landmark occasion was a chance to celebrate the past, present and future of Glasgow Art Club, and an opportunity to gather together to reflect, to hope and to enjoy the present while looking ahead.
The time capsule included sketches and paintings from current artist members, photographs, architectural drawings and plans, as well as other important and timely documents and items.
The Glasgow Art Club was founded in 1867 by amateur artist William Dennistoun and friends.
Following initial discussions at a tearoom above a baker's shop in Candleriggs on the proposal to form a club, its first formal meetings were held at the Waverley Temperance Hotel, in Buchanan Street.
Mr Dennistoun was elected the club's first president.
Its new premises were formally opened on the 14 June 1893 and the club has recently embarked on a major programme of renovation of its historic category A Listed building in Bath Street.