TWO men were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a flat in the north of Glasgow.

A number of 999 calls were made to the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service as people reported a blaze at a tenement in Maryhill's Kirkhill Drive.

The men were given oxygen at the scene and did not need hospital treatment following the blaze, which happened around 9.30pm on Wednesday.

Station Manager John McKenna, a commanding officer, said: "Every property needs to be protected by working smoke alarms - the time they buy is vital to prevent injuries and deaths. I'd urge everyone to recognise fire isn't something that only happens to others."