A MAN put his four-year-old child in danger by leaving burning fat on a grill.

The Glasgow man appeared in the dock at the city’s Sheriff Court for sentencing after the incident on May 5, this year.

The Procurator Fiscal depute told the court that the man’s neighbour heard a fire alarm sounding for five minutes.

She called the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service who arrived 10 minutes later.

Firefighters discovered burning fat on the grill and room was filled with smoke.

They struggled to wake the man up, who had taken alcohol and prescribed drugs, and his child was in the bedroom.

The man, who was placed under supervision for 12 months, was also investigated by the local authority.