Trading standards officers claim the gems and decorations glued to the dummies could choke a child.
Known as 'bling dummies', the modified pacifiers are part of a craze to customise children's soothers.
Officers seized the dummies from a trader operating in Rutherglen Shopping Centre, after similar products failed safety tests carried out by watchdogs, both north and south of the Border.
Jim Stirling, South Lanarkshire Council's environmental services manager, said: "The dummies seized by us are genuine dummies manufactured by a reputable company, but hand-glued gems have been added as decoration, and it is this addition which makes them potentially unsafe.
"When the dummy is cleaned, the glue used to attach the gems can soften, the gems loosen and may pose a choking hazard."
Mr Stirling urged any parent or carer who may have bought one of the dummies to stop using it immediately.
He added: "These items are being sold both on the street and online and the potential customer base could be pretty extensive.
"There are many, I am sure, who would find these products attractive or distinctive, not thinking at all of the potential danger to the child.
"The bottom line is that these items are not fit for purpose, and should be avoided at all costs."
A statement from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents said it had noticed a worrying new trend emerging among parents who are opting to use "bling dummies" to soothe their children and are accessorising further with "bling clips" or "bling bottles".
It warned that adding "bling" to dummies can create a choking hazard.
Anyone caught selling the dummies could face a fine of up to £20,000.