Fire chiefs in alert on phone chargers

FIRE chiefs issued a warning about the dangers of leaving mobile phones charging overnight after a Scots schoolboy had to be rescued from a blaze in his bedroom.

Loading Comments
Share
Print

The boy was injured and had to be taken to hospital with burns yesterday after his mobile charger overheated and burst into flames.

Fire chief Shaun Burns said: "The fire was caused by an overheated mobile phone charger which had been left charging on the bed.

"It had overheated to such an extent that the bedding caught fire and caused burn injuries to the young boy in the room.

"We can't stress enough how important it is to unplug mobile chargers before you go to bed."

The incident happened in Elgin, Moray.

Fire

Commenting & Moderation

We moderate all comments on Evening Times on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis. If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules

Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.

169973

Have you got a story?

Contact the news desk on 0141 302 6520 or email news@eveningtimes.co.uk
Janice Bell

Janice Bell

You Couldn't Make This Up

Cold blooded approach to enjoy Saturday night fever

Times Out

Entertainment

Lifestyle

TV Advert
Michelle McManus

Michelle McManus

Columnist Michelle McManus is Sussed in the City, and loves to chat about anything and everything.

A weekly round up of social highlights

A weekly round up of social highlights

Cat's Eyes on Glasgow

I’m loving the Games from the opening ceremony to presenting the rhythmic gymnastics at the Hydro

Gail’s Gab

Gail’s Gab

Gail Sheridan is a mother-of-one and wife to Tommy and she likes to get political with the hot topic of the week in her column Gail’s Gab.