Amy McCabe's son Ben was just four when he was left with permanent scarring after he was hit by a firework in a residential cul-de-sac in Cumbernauld.
She has joined forces with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) to warn of the dangers of unofficial displays.
Ben was struck in 2011 by a firework that flew into the crowd and somehow made its way inside his zipped-up jacket, where it exploded.
Surgeons at Yorkhill told Amy, 37, that her son would be scarred for life after suffering third degree burns to his chest, neck, right arm and behind his left ear. Ben, now 6, has undergone seven skin grafts and continues to receive steroid injections to help stretch and soften his skin.
Amy said: "At our street display, all the instructions were followed and the crowd was kept well back from the display. Don't think that this sort of accident will never happen to you - fireworks are an explosive."
Glasgow Green will host 50,000 people on November 5 for its bonfire spectacular. The event is free and no ticket is required.