Flats fire puts 3 in hospital

THREE people were rushed to hospital after a fire at a block of flats in Cambuslang.

Loading Comments
Share
Print

Fire crews attended the blaze at Bute Tower, in Clifton Terrace, and found the building engulfed in smoke.

The alarm was raised at around 9pm on Saturday, after the fire took hold in a bin chute.

Two women and a man were found to be suffering from smoke inhalation and taken to Hairmyres Hospital.

Fire chiefs said the incident is not being treated as suspicious.

Station Commander Robert Deans said: "By giving an early warning of the danger, working smoke alarms saved lives."

Fire

Commenting & Moderation

We moderate all comments on Evening Times on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis. If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules

Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.

149900

Have you got a story?

Contact the news desk on 0141 302 6520 or email news@eveningtimes.co.uk
A weekly round up of social highlights

A weekly round up of social highlights

Cat's Eyes on Glasgow

I’m loving the Games from the opening ceremony to presenting the rhythmic gymnastics at the Hydro

Times Out

Entertainment

Lifestyle

TV Advert
Gail’s Gab

Gail’s Gab

Gail Sheridan is a mother-of-one and wife to Tommy and she likes to get political with the hot topic of the week in her column Gail’s Gab.

Michelle McManus

Michelle McManus

Sussed in the City

The sun always shines in Glasgow in July...honest

Janice Bell

Janice Bell

You couldn’t make up half the stuff that happens to PA Janice Bell- some of the jams she gets herself into are worth a story or two.