Lord Provost Sadie Docherty was officially unveiling the city's newest entertainment venue which has undergone a £2.1million transformation since August 2013.
The work was carried out by Glasgow Building Preservation Trust in partnership with the city council. The bandstand was built in 1924 and quickly became a popular location for outdoor music.
It is the only original bandstand left in Glasgow and one of only three in Scotland.
It played host to thousands of events from rock concerts, military bands, old-time Music Hall acts, Glasgow's first-ever Steel Band Festival and charity fundraising concerts.
However, the bandstand closed in 1999 and fell into serious disrepair, suffering from repeated acts of vandalism. The condition of the Category B listed structure was eventually described as critical on the Scottish Buildings at Risk Register.
Scottish bands and musicians such as Belle & Sebastian, Teenage Fanclub, Franz Ferdinand, Eddi Reader, Carol Laula and Horse all backed the restoration.