And the boss of the stricken SPL giants urged true Rangers fans not to get involved in the kind of behaviour which saw the three members of the panel threatened after their identities were revealed online.
McCoist was outraged by the judicial panel's decision this week to ban the club from signing new players over the age of 18 for 12 months as punishment for being found guilty of five SFA rule breaches.
The club was also fined £160,000 and owner Craig Whyte handed a life ban from any involvement in Scottish football.
McCoist called for the panel – whose identity was kept secret by the SFA – to be named.
Their identities were later revealed online and have since appeared in some newspapers, although the Evening Times has chosen not to name the men.
Today, McCoist released a statement in which he insists he is disgusted by the threats made against the panel, but stood by his reasons for demanding that the men be identified.
He said: "I would like to make quite clear my position in relation to the decision by the SFA's judicial panel.
"I firmly believe that decisions of this magnitude should be fully transparent and everyone should have confidence in the system that has been created to deliver such a finding.
"When I called for full transparency on Tuesday, I took the view that the decision by the judicial panel should be subject to proper scrutiny.
"It is unthinkable in any walk of life that such a significant punishment would be meted out without full transparency.
"I fully understand that there are difficult decisions to be taken in football, and they will never suit everyone, but in this day and age clarity and transparency are surely of paramount importance.
"That said, I would not for one moment want anyone to interpret my remarks as a signal to engage in any form of threatening behaviour.
"Such activity disgusts me, and anyone who engages in it does Rangers Football Club nothing but harm.
"No Rangers supporter should get themselves involved in it – not now nor at any time."
McCoist added that his focus was firmly on ensuring that a robust appeal against the sanctions is prepared and he described Rangers as a victim of what happened under the leadership of Craig Whyte.
The manager said: "The club was not an accomplice, a co-conspirator nor a perpetrator of wrongdoing.
"We suffered from it and still are. I hope that our appeal can be dealt with by the SFA as quickly as possible."
Following McCoist's criticisms of the sanctions, SFA chief executive Stewart Regan said the panel's decision was taken in line with the disciplinary procedures approved unanimously by member clubs – including Rangers – less than a year ago.
After the panel's names were posted on fans' forums and social networking sites, the SFA said Strathclyde Police had given security advice to the three who handed out the punishments to Rangers.
An SFA statement said the three had been subjected to "abusive and threatening communication" after their identities were "compromised."
A spokesman for the SFA said: "We are deeply concerned that the safety and security of judicial panel members appointed to a recent tribunal has been compromised by a wholly irresponsible betrayal of confidential information.
"The judicial panel consists of volunteers from across the spectrum of sport and business. They are appointed on the basis of anonymity yet all three panel members have reported intrusion into their personal and work lives, including abusive and threatening communication.
"This has been extended to directors of the Scottish FA, whose private details have been published on internet sites.
"This culminated in a visit by Strathclyde Police, who are taking seriously the threats made towards the individuals involved."
It has been reported that one of the individuals is now considering his future involvement in the process.
He told a sports website he could not discuss the case. But he said: "I hope that when the statement of reasons is published by the SFA, that responsible people will understand the reasons for the decision. I have no axe to grind with any football club."
Rangers fans reacted angrily to the sanctions and supporters have organised a march to Hampden on Saturday to protest against them.
Craig Whyte bought Rangers from Sir David Murray for £1 in May last year, taking on the club's debts. The club was placed into administration on February 14 this year.
Administrators Duff & Phelps are negotiating with potential buyers, believed to be the Blue Knights consortium, led by former Rangers director Paul Murray, and US trucking tycoon Bill Miller.