Firefighters extinguished the blaze before it could spread throughout the flat in Balornock yesterday at 10.15am. The man and woman were taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
Iain Hannah, the Scottish Fire and Rescue officer in charge, said: "The team used a dry powder extinguisher to put out the flames before they could spread beyond the kitchen and helped a man and woman who appeared to be suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.
"We would ask people not to use traditional chip pans as there's a high risk of them causing a fire. Modern electric fryers have safety switches to stop them overheating."