The report by the Public Health Protection Unit of NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC) said the outbreak was a reminder of the potential for E.coli O157 contamination of beef products and of the need for adequate cooking and cross-contamination measures in the preparation of these products.
A total of 22 people contracted E.Coli O157 from contact with beef burgers served at the venue back in January.
Three of those affected were secondary cases, becoming ill after coming in to contact with those who contracted the bacteria directly.
Three people required hospital treatment but all have now recovered.
The incident occured less than six months after the Hydro first opened its doors.
The Hydro held events including Top Gear over three days, Del Amitri and Celtic Connections during the period under investigation.
Dr Catriona Milošević, co-author of the report, said: "Whilst it is not conclusive there is strong epidemiological evidence pointing to the exposure being the consumption of beef burgers purchased at the SSE Hydro."