Worcestershire Beacon: the highest peak in the Malvern Hills and an ideal vantage point to watch the sunrise.
2. Ely Cathedral, Cambridgeshire: The vast cathedral sits above the town and is surrounded by lush green grassed areas.
3. Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Wales: watch the first rays of sunlight creep over Snowdonia's mountains.
4. Glencoe, The Highlands: one of the best places to watch the sunrise over Rannoch Moor and the mountains.
5. Glastonbury Hill:
a sunrise here is said to possesses some special energy.
6. The Shetland Isles: Lonely Planet called the rain-lashed archipelago one of the world's best places to start the day.
7. Mersey ferry, Liverpool: a striking urban sunrise.
8. Saltwick Bay, Whitby, North Yorkshire: the sun rises over the sea from England's east coast.
9. Edinburgh: head to the top of Arthur's Seat for Scotland's top city sunrise.
10. Brighton, East Sussex: after a night's partying, hunker down with a blanket to watch the sun rise over the beach.