John Stonehouse: Junior minister who faked his own death. Later found to be a Communist spy, having given information to the Czech StB intelligence agency in the 1960s
2. Neil Hamilton: Resigned as an MP after it was alleged he received money in brown envelopes in exchange for asking questions in Parliament.
3. Jeffrey Archer: Jailed for perjury after being found guilty of lying and cheating in his 1987 libel case against the Daily Star.
4. John Profumo: Resigned after scandal that he shared a lover, Christine Keeler, with a top Soviet diplomat.
5. Jonathan Aitken: Jailed for 18 months for perjury and perverting course of justice.
6. Chris Huhne: Jailed after getting his former wife to take his driving licence penalty points.
7. Cecil Parkinson: Resigned from Cabinet after it was revealed his ex-secretary Sara Keays was expecting his child.
8. Eric Joyce: Currently MP for Falkirk. Suspended by Labour after a drunken assault on fellow MP in a Commons bar.
9. Jeremy Thorpe: Resigned as Liberal leader after allegedly paying a hitman to kill his lover Norman Scott.
10. Henry McLeish: Scottish First Minister quit after a row over the sub-letting of his constituency office in Glenrothes.