Alex Morrison has withdrawn Scott Harrison from his boxing show at the Kelvin Hall on December 1.
Morrison, the former world champion's manager and promoter, believes it is in Harrison's best interests.
The move comes after Morrison considered the facts in the wake of a Spanish court's judgment that the Glaswegian should serve a four-year prison term having been found guilty of assault.
Harrison had been due to top next month's bill in his third comeback bout against Greenock's John Simpson.
But Morrison says he has been left with no choice but to pull Harrison out.
He feels the latest hammer blow to Harrison's hopes of completing a successful comeback after six-and-a-half years out of the ring means he would not be mentally tuned.
The promoter said: "Scott has too many issues to deal with at the moment.
"It wouldn't be fair to expect him to undertake an important fight with everything that's going on in his life. But I am not giving up on him.
"Hopefully, we can get this Spanish business cleared up, and if so he will return to the ring early in the new year.
"I have stated that I think Scott is the victim of a witch hunt as the case against him was supposed to have been dealt with five years ago."
Morrison added he intends opposing any attempt by the British Boxing Board of Control to strip Harrison of his licence.
Harrison's situation will be discussed by the stewards of the BBBC at a meeting in Cardiff later this week.