DESPITE watching Petershill extend their unbeaten run to 14 matches, co-boss Willie Patterson was far from happy with his team's 1-1 draw at home to Clydebank.

The Springburn side were a goal to the good at half-time after Stephen McGladrigan opened the scoring with a neat finish, but despite looking good value for their lead, a Ross Campbell header just before the hour mark ensured the game would end all-square.

And Patterson made it clear that he thought his players should have secured all three points, saying: "We were up against the third-top team in the table, yet our keeper Mikey White has not had to make a single save of note.

"I know the Clydebank folk believe they merited a draw but, for me, that's not the case given they have equalised with their one and only attempt on target.

"By rights, the game should have been over as a contest in a first half dominated by ourselves, but there was a definite lack of sparkle about us in the final third.

"The Bankies made more of a fist of it early in the second half but, after we introduced Richie Burke off the bench, he simply terrorised their right flank and I lost count of the number of superb crosses he fired across their goal only to find no takers.

"The upshot is you would think we had lost 5-0 going by the way our players were moping around the dressing room with their heads down, but that speaks volumes about the fact they thought the game was there for winning."

Even diehard visiting spectators must have feared the worst after watching the opening 45 minutes of this Springburn encounter which saw the table-topping Peasy 1-0 ahead and dominating the flow of the match.

Their goal had come out of nothing with ten minutes on the clock as a raking pass from Ross McCabe found hitman McGladrigan unmarked, and the striker eluded advancing goalkeeper Robert Hamilton before steadying himself to shoot home despite the two Bankies defenders getting back on to the goal-line.

THE home side were well in control, but never really looked like adding to their lead other than when a terrific tackle from Paul Alum prevented David Galt going clear on a Jordan Murch through ball.

Clydebank took the game to their opponents at every opportunity after the break and received their reward in 56 minutes as Campbell rose highest in a crowded penalty area to meet a free-kick from Chris Wilson and nod the ball downwards into the net to draw his side level.

Bankies boss Budgie McGhie reckoned a share of the spoils was a fair outcome. He said: "I would have been bitterly disappointed not to have taken something from the game.

"A draw is the least my players deserved for showing the character to come back from a goal down against a team of Petershill's stature.

"We started the game badly, but raising the tempo second- half had us looking just as likely as Petershill to go on and win the game.

"They put a lot of crosses into our box late on, but they came to nothing and our goalkeeper dealt with them quite easily."

Meanwhile, Auchinleck Talbot took full advantage of Petershill's slip to move two points clear atop the Super Premier pile thanks to a 3-0 triumph over Arthurlie which was nowhere near as emphatic as the scoreline suggests.

The home team were already in front through a Bryan Young strike when visiting striker Stevie Dymock was sent packing for two yellow-card offences.

A second-half chance to put the game to bed was passed up as Graeme Wilson blazed a penalty well over the bar, but Arthurlie went down to nine men shortly after as Ryan McGregor saw red, allowing Talbot to add to their lead through Young and Wilson.

Elsewhere, Rob Roy moved up to third spot as Roddy Hunter (2), Willie Easton and Kieron McAleenan netted in a 4-0 away win to Glenafton, while Irvine Meadow were something of a surprise winner on their travels with a 2-0 victory at Pollok.

Beith also continued their league revival with a 2-1 victory at home to Ashfield.