Fourth round: Albion Rovers 0-3 Celtic

Celtic’s quest for a domestic treble began with this hard-fought win over Albion Rovers at the Excelsior Stadium in Airdrie.

The League One side produced an impressive defensive shift to frustrate Brendan Rodgers’ players, but Scott Sinclair’s opener and two late goals from Moussa Dembele and Stuart Armstrong ensured victory for the Hoops.

Fifth round: Celtic 6-0 Inverness CT

The Bhoys strolled into the last eight with a thumping win against cup bogey team Inverness, hitting Richie Foran’s side for six.

Dembele scored his second hat-trick in two games, with Mikael Lustig, Kieran Tierney and Scott Brown also getting on the scoresheet.

Quarter-finals: Celtic 4-1 St Mirren

Things got off to a tricky start for the champions, who had to come from behind to beat a spirited St Mirren side.

Lustig and Dembele found the net again, with Scott Sinclair and Leigh Griffiths adding a further two to ensure that Harry Davis’ early opener for the visitors was nothing more than a consolation.


Fourth round: Rangers 2-1 Motherwell

Rangers had to come from behind to book their place in the fifth round after Premiership rivals Motherwell had gone in front through Louis Moult.

But Kenny Miller’s late double turned the tie on its head just as Mark Warburton’s side looked to be heading for an early exit.

Fifth round: Rangers 2-1 Greenock Morton

The result may have been the same as the previous round, but there was much change at Ibrox ahed of Morton’s visit after Mark Warburton’s departure had left the club without a manager.

Graeme Murty guided the Light Blues into the quarter-finals, but they again had to come from behind after Michael Tidser had given the Championship club an early lead.

Goals from Miller and Martyn Waghorn eventually ensured victory for the hosts, but Jim Duffy’s side were left ruing missed opportunities.

Quarter-finals: Rangers 6-0 Hamilton Accies

After twice having to battle back from behind, Rangers had no such problems in the last eight as a Joe Garner hat-trick helped them to a resounding win over Accies.

Waghorn’s penalty gave the Gers a lead that Garner doubled shortly after the break. A flurry of four late goals – two from the English striker and one each for Jon Toral and Clint Hill – meant Martin Canning’s side were sent away with their tail between their legs.