The former WBO featherweight champion had his licence suspended by the Scottish Area Council after failing to supply legal documentation regarding any outstanding court issues.
Now British Boxing Board of Control general secretary Robert Smith has confirmed a ruling will be made tomorrow week over whether the Glaswegian still has a future in the square ring.
Smith confirmed: "Scott Harrison is currently suspended. He failed to supply certain documentation to the Scottish Area Council and was suspended because of that. They will present a report to the main board meeting on November 13 and a decision on Scott Harrison's future will be made then."
Harrison was to have faced Irish lightweight Stephen Ormond for the WBO European lightweight belt on September 20, only for injury to force the Scot to call off.
Now, with this suspension hanging over Harrison, who has not fought since April 20 when he lost a challenge for the European lightweight title on a points defeat to Liam Walsh, the future is looking anything but bright for the 36-year-old.
For his part, Harrison's father and trainer, Peter, remains adamant his son will fight again before the turn of the year.
He said: "Scott was due to have fought Stephen Ormond, but a bicep injury caused him to pull out. Scott still holds a licence and we hope he will fight again before the year is out."
Peter Harrison's outstanding welterweight prospect Hugh Gray registered the first stoppage win of an increasingly impressive four- fight unbeaten pro career against Lee Quinn at the Kilmarnock Grand Hall last weekend.
Harrison Snr said: "It was a great display by Hugh. We had been speaking about him adding more power and he really turned it on. Right now Hugh is getting better with every fight."