A SECURITY guard at T in the Park carried out a sex attack on a teenager girl who had lost her friends.

Allan Freedman, 43, of Thornliebank, Glasgow, was working as part of the official security team when he sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl.

Freedman later claimed he had harboured hopes of meeting the vulnerable teenager again after the festival was over.

Perth Sheriff Court heard how the teenage girl sought help after becoming detached from her friends but was instead subjected to a sex attack by Freedman.

READ MORE: 16-year-old girl raped in a park in Glasgow suburb

Freedman, who has since lost his job, was ordered to carry out 180 hours unpaid work in the community by Sheriff Lindsay Foulis. He was also placed under supervision and on the Sex Offenders Register for one year.

Solicitor David Holmes, defending, said: “He was working in security at the time this took place. He had worked on a part-time basis for two-and-a-half years.

“He lost his job as a result of this matter, as one would expect. When asked why he acted as he did, he really can’t explain that lapse in judgment.

“He tells me it would have been his hope that he might have been able to meet the young lady afterwards.

READ MORE: 16-year-old girl raped in a park in Glasgow suburb

“He realises this was entirely unrealistic and apologises for his conduct.”

Freedman’s attack was one of a number of incidents recorded at the music festival as serious and sexual assaults reached record levels during the 2015 event.

Fiscal depute Carol Whyte told the court that the girl had been with a group of friends at the festival but they had become separated from each other on 10 July.

The girl thought they would be in the Slam tent so she found a member of staff – Freedman – and asked him for directions on how to get there.

Ms Whyte told the court it was clear from the fact Freedman was wearing a high-visibility vest that he was part of the official security team for the site at Strathallan Estate.

She said Freedman led her towards the tent she was looking for before stopping and groping her as well as kissing her repeatedly on the face and lips.

Ms Whyte said the girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was “terrified” as a result of Freedman’s behaviour and the police were called in.

Freedman, of Capelrig Street, admitted sexually assaulting the girl by handling her knee and waist and repeatedly kissing her without consent.

T in the Park recorded the most serious assaults in its history last year, but overall crime at the festival dropped, a police report revealed.

There were six serious assaults at the 2015 event, compared to one in each of the festival’s previous three years.

Chief Superintendent Eddie Smith’s report said that petty assaults rose from 15 to 36 and there were 11 crimes of threatening behaviour.

READ MORE: 16-year-old girl raped in a park in Glasgow suburb