AN Airdrie takeaway has been left completely gutted after a fire ripped through it.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) said the alarm was raised this morning at 6am.

Four appliances and 15 firefighters dashed to the Three In One Indian eatery on Stirling Street.

The response has since been downsized and there are two appliances at the scene.

It is believed there are no casualties.

Images posted on social media have shown the business complete charred out with piles of debris littering the pavement outside.