TRIBUTES have been flooding in for the 15-year-old boy who lost his life after being hit by an HGV in South Lanarkshire.

Barry Arshad died in hospital on Wednesday after the incident at around 9.25pm on Saturday on Townhead Street in Strathaven.

Now, hundreds of loved ones have taken to Facebook to post heartbreaking messages to their friend.

‘LEGEND IN GLASGOW’: Heartfelt tributes to city graffiti artist electrocuted to death on tracks near Dumbreck

One wrote: “Rest easy, Barry. You were one of the nicest boys I’d met. Taken way too young. You’re going to be well missed. Love you.”

Another added: “Rest in peace, Barry. You were the most best natured boy ever. You definitely didn’t deserve that. I’m gutted. Fly high.”

“Not once did I think I’d be typing these words today,” was another, which continued: “Barry Arshad was such a wonderful human being.

“He put others before himself and touched many hearts in his short time in this world. He did not deserve this fate. He deserved a long, happy life with his family and us, his friends.

“I will cherish the memories we made together in Stephanie’s, in the other array of gaffs we ended up in and just in general . You really were one of a kind, Barry. GBNF.”

READ MORE: Teen boy, 15, left fighting for life after being hit by HGV in quiet street dies in hospital

Friends close to the family have also started a fundraising page to help his family raise funds for a send off.

Zoey Ponsonby said on the JustGiving page: “My friend Charlene’s son was in a serious road traffic accident on Saturday.

“He was in a critical condition in hospital and sadly passed away.

“Heartbreaking for any mother to lose her son, but especially at 15-years-old with his full future ahead of him and right before Christmas.

Evening Times:

“Let’s help his family give him the send off he deserves. Such a fun, caring, loving boy. Life is so cruel.”

The cause is already close to hitting its £1,500 target.

Police Scotland said the driver did not stop after hitting the boy, adding it was “likely” he didn’t realise the boy had been struck.

Emergency services attended the scene and Barry was rushed by ambulance to Hairmyres Hospital in East Kilbride where he was being treated for his injuries.

A report will now be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.