A VILE killer who murdered a vulnerable woman in her home told a pal "I've murdered a c***, I need to get rid of a body".

Andrew Wallace was was jailed for life and ordered to serve at least 28 years behind bars after admitting the murder of Julie Reilly.

He killed the 47-year-old at her flat in the Govan area of Glasgow in February 2018 and then cut off her legs with a knife before disposing of her remains.

Her femur bones were found at two separate locations in the city but the rest of her body has not been recovered.

Read more: Killer of Glasgow woman Julie Reilly caused 'indescribable suffering'

Glasgow's High Court heard the 42-year-old moved in with Ms Reilly in December 2017 after splitting up with his girlfriend.

Ms Reilly, a mother of four, had suffered a brain injury in 2016 which left her with memory problems and slow reactions.

Wallace told a friend she was easy to manipulate and rip-off and in January texted a friend asking "do you know how to assassinate a stalker?".

Between 1pm and 2pm on the afternoon of February 7 Wallace met a friend in the street and told him "I've murdered a c***, I need to get rid of a body".

Read more: Glasgow killer jailed for 28 years for Julie Reilly murder

Prosecutor Richard Goddard told the court that the following day Wallace told his friend Ms Reilly had moved away and he moved in with him.

Mr Goddard said: "The accused told [his friend] he'd been out in a friend's car and they had hit a deer and were intending to sell the meat.

"On the afternoon of February 10, the accused arrived back at the flat and was dragging a big suitcase from the back ... it seemed to be heavy. The accused said it contained meat from the deer. In fact, it contained part of Julie Reilly's body.

"At some point in the night the accused left the flat and took the suitcase with him."

Read more: Family of Glasgow murder victim Julie Reilly heartbroken plea

On February 11, Wallace arrived at another friend's flat with a suitcase which he put in the shower, telling his friend it contained his dirty washing when in fact it contained part of the remains of his victim.

Ms Reilly was reported missing in mid-February after she failed to pick up her prescription at the pharmacists, and family members raised concerns.

On April 19, a member of the public called police to say he could see what appeared to be a bone with flesh attached to it in his front garden at Ardshiel Road in Govan.

It was recovered by officers and DNA testing confirmed it was Ms Reilly's right femur.

Read more: Murder victim Julie Reilly's family speak out after killer is jailed

Mr Goddard told the court that on April 23 another member of the public went to the police station to report finding what appeared to be a burial site containing "fleshy material".

Forensic scientists examined Ms Reilly's flat in Shieldhall Road and, using a substance called luminol which shows up blood staining, found large areas of blood and drag marks in the property.

The court heard that Wallace was convicted of culpable homicide in 1992 and sentenced to ten years in jail and had other previous convictions for violence.

Lady Rae asked Ian Duguid QC, representing Wallace, whether his client would co-operate with police to recover the rest of Ms Reilly's remains.

He said his client was "prepared to entertain an approach from the police" once the court case is over but his client would say nothing further.

A post-mortem examination could not ascertain the cause of death.

Read more of today's top Glasgow stories