A gran has died after contracting a fungal infection at a Glasgow hospital, according to reports. 

The Daily Record are reporting that Mito Kaur, 63, passed away on Thursday morning after her life support was switched off. 

She picked up the mucor fungus at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. Two other patients recently died after contracting a fungal infection linked to pigeon ­droppings.

Mito becomes the fifth person to have died in Glasgow as a result of a hospital infection since December. 

READ MORE: Two people dead following pigeon dropping infection at Queen Elizabeth University Hospital

Reports suggest that the grandmother was initially taken to hospital after flu had developed into pneumonia before she picked up the fungal infection. 

The infection is said to have caused her brain to swell and her heart to inflame.

The shop worker was planning to retire in March to spend more time with her family. 

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde could not confirm the death. 

Read more of today's top Glasgow stories.