The family of a man who died after taking unwell at a Glasgow bus stop are appealing for information on the last moments of his life.

Seamus O’Donnell passed away at the stop next to Dundasvale Court, Cowcaddens, around 2.11pm on Thursday.

The 66-year-old, who lived in Dundasvale Court, was on his way to meet son Barry O’Donnell, 25, for lunch when tragedy struck.

He was supposed to be picked up but, for reasons unknown to his family, he went to the bus stop instead.

Read more: Elderly man dies after taking unwell in Glasgow city centre bus shelter

Two people are believed to have tried to save Seamus by administering CPR before calling for help.

An ambulance, trauma team, a resuscitation response unit and a PRU Unit were sent to the scene but the pensioner's life could not be saved.

His step-daughter Christine Mclaughlin, 38, is now trying to piece together his final movements.

She is asking anyone who was with her step-dad when he passed to get in touch.

Speaking to the Evening Times, she said: "We are looking to trace two people who helped him in his final moments.

"We would like to thank them personally and ask if my step dad had said anything to them about what was wrong as we have no answers yet.

"He was leaving his house to go meet his son Barry for lunch. Barry was to pick him up from his house but for some reason Seamus went to the bus stop instead and took ill.

"As far as we are aware the two people at the bus stop helped him and then got further help from the concierges from the flats and can’t thank them all enough as they administered CPR and done their very best to save his life."

Read more of today's top Glasgow stories 

She added: "My brother got down there shortly after but it was too late.

"We would just like to thank these people who helped him and ask them some questions about my steps dads movements in those last few minutes of his life.

"My mum is desperate for answers as well, she is taking it badly. Although they had separated couple of years ago, they remained so close."

As previously reported by the Evening Times, police were called to the scene at around 3pm after the man was pronounced dead.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "Around 3pm on Thursday, March 21, 2019 police were made aware of the death of a 66-year-old man in Dundasvale Court, Glasgow.

"A post-mortem will take place in due course to establish the exact cause of the death, which officers are not treating as suspicious.

"A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal."

Anyone who can help Seamus' family is asked to contact