THE family and loved ones of murdered Kenny Reilly have endured a "horrendous" year since his death, police have told. 

The 29-year-old was gunned down at traffic lights in Maryhill last April before dying in hospital days later. 

A black Ford S-Max pulled up and a passenger, who was wearing a black balaclava, got out and shot him. 

Officers continue to provide support to Kenny's family one year since the shooting of the dad-of-one. 

The victim's girlfriend, who was reportedly sitting alongside Kenny in a BMW when he was shot by the attacker, is also said to be in regular contact with police. 

Speaking at the site of Kenny's murder, detective inspector Alan McAlpine said: "We have been working on this enquiry, have a very dedicated, committed and tenacious enquiry team and all want to get a resolution for Kenny's family.

"He was a young 20-something guy who enjoyed his life. Clearly he didn't deserve to get what came to him.

"Kenny's mother and father have lost a son, he's got brothers and sisters, it will have been a horrendous year for them. We have contact with them and we keep them updated. 

READ MORE: Kenny Reilly: £10K reward for information on Maryhill murder

"How they are coping? They've lost a family member in the most tragic of circumstances so I can't imagine they're coping particularly well. But we are giving them the support they need. 

"When something significant happens in the enquiry they will be the first to be told.

"Kenny was with a female, she was given every support we could at the time and we remain, even as recent as today, in contact with her.

"At the end of the day, she was a person who has witnessed a really horrendous incident and again we have to be careful how we deal with her and provide all sorts of support to her."

Police confirmed a "significant number of arrests" have taken place in the year since the shooting, but no suspects have yet been charged. 

At least ten suspects have been arrested by officers since the shooting. But, despite some people of interest in the case being apprehended by cops on more than one occasion, no charges have been sought.

Police would not be drawn on suggestions that some of those apprehended may now be abroad following their initial arrest, but did confirm that the gun used to shoot Kenny had not yet been recovered. 

READ MORE: Kenny Reilly: What we know about the Maryhill shooting

Officers also confirmed their belief that the attacked was unconnected to a prison slashing of a mob boss prior to Kenny's death, and that it did not appear that a case involving an associate of Kenny's brandishing what appeared to be a gun is linked to his death. 

DI McAlpine added: "There are a number of people who have been arrested and interviewed and enquiries remain open in relation to those individuals. 

"A number of them we have arrested more than once. I wouldn't like to give the exact number, but a significant number."

Scotland Crimestoppers is now offering a £10,000 reward in a bid to get a conviction for those responsible, with Police Scotland re-appealing for those with any information to come forward. 

A Ford S-Max, which had been reported stolen from the Giffnock area the previous month, was found burnt out in Craigieburn Gardens in Maryhill a short time after the attack

Officers are also continuing to appeal for information about a blue Volkswagen Polo car, bearing false plates RE57 EUU, and fitted with a distinctive roof rack.

That car was seen in the area of Kenny Reilly’s home in Maryhill Road, being driven towards Craigieburn Gardens between 9.30 and 9.40pm on the night of the shooting.

After the shooting, around 10.30pm, this same car was seen being driven southbound on Maryhill Road towards Glasgow City Centre.

READ MORE: Kenny Reilly murder: Second car linked to Glasgow shooting

The Volkswagen Polo was stolen from the Maryhill area during September 2017. The day after the shooting it was recovered in New Lairdsland Road, Kirkintilloch.

Police are particularly keen to hear any information the public may have about these two vehicles. 

DI McAlpine said: "Crimestoppers in Scotland have kindly agreed to put up a reward of up to £10,000 leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible. 

"We want to get that message out there and make another appeal to the public. So far the response from the public has not been great. 

"It hasn't been bad, we have had a number of people who have contacted us.

However,potentially some people may be motivated by financial reward.

"Ultimately, if people don't want to come to the police for whatever reasons, you have got to respect that, whether or not you agree with it. 

"Hopefully we can use this opportunity, along with the reward that is in place, to prick somebody's conscience to the extent where they decide to come forward and tell us what happened. No matter how insignificant that may be."

Read more of today's top Glasgow stories.