KENNY MILLER scored his first hat-trick for Rangers since 2010 on a day when his team were utterly professional in this victory over Dumbarton.

A stadium with one stand was never going to replicate a full Ibrox so it was no real surprise that Mark Warburton’s men took a while to get going –although there was always going to be one winner.

And it ended with Rangers' biggest of the season.

Miller at 36 could now lay claim to be the oldest player in Rangers’ history to score a hat-trick for the club. A bit of history, perhaps.

It was all Rangers from the start. Martyn Waghorn and Jason Holt twice tested Dumbarton goalkeeper Mark Brown in the early stages and then Waghorn had the ball in the net after 23 minutes, but he was offside when he took a return pass from Nicky Law.

Waghorn had back-heeled the ball through the legs of Frazer Wright in the lead-up so it was a shame for the Englishman that the move didn’t end in a goal.

Dumbarton could have taken a shock lead on 26 minutes when Wes Foderingham came and didn’t collect a cross ball, which presented Donald McCallum with a free header inside the box - and he got it really wrong.

Rangers missed a good chance of their own on 33 minutes when from a Holt corner, Waghorn was unmarked and ten yards from goal and yet he put his header straight to Brown.

However, the breakthrough came just before the break when Andy Halliday dinked a lovely pass over the Dumbarton defence, Miller bravely got to the ball first before Brown and seemed to chest the ball over the line.

Rangers then passed up chances to score through Miller, Tavernier and Waghorn in the early stages of the second half; however, there was never any chance of Dumbarton getting back into it.

Miller did score another on the hour when he was picked out by a Tavernier cross and he headed confidently past Brown. Four minutes later he got the match ball, Tavernier again spotting his run and the veteran striker provided a cool finish into the bottom corner along the ground.

Waghorn got in on the act after 71 minutes, a superb first time side-foot effort into the low corner; the excellent Tavernier providing his third assist of the match.

Halliday scored the fifth with eight minutes to go, a free-kick which took a huge deflection and that completely fooled the helpless Dumbarton keeper Brown.

With just minutes remaining, Tavernier got the goal his display deserved when he found the top corner from a good distance out with an excellent shot.