Pollok made it a Euroscot Eng trophy double last night with a resounding 3-0 triumph over Ashfield in the Central League Cup final.

A healthy 800 crowd was in attendance at Newlandsfield and Pollok certainly did not disappoint their supporters as they followed up winning the new sponsors' first trophy prize of the season in September – a 3-0 Sectional League Cup win over of Renfrew – by winning the last showpiece of the West Region's campaign by the same scoreline.

The early stages provided no indication of how one-sided matters would become later on with both sides demonstrating a willingness to press forward at every opportunity.

However, there was a lack of clear-cut chances other than when Lok goalkeeper Chris McCluskey failed to deal with a couple of high crosses into his penalty box.

Ashfield skipper Mark Thomson came close to snatching an opening goal with a 22-yard free-kick just clearing the crossbar while at the other end, Pollok's best effort saw Willie Sawyers round advancing keeper Gary McGlenaghan only for his weak shot to be cleared by the Possil outfit's sweeper Andy Brand almost on his goal-line.

The end-to-end play carried on until the interval, however the feeling persisted that Lok, whose line-up included trialist Graham McLaren of Scottish Amateur Cup winners Wellshot, had probably edged matters on the quality of their build-up play.

And Pollok eventually broke the deadlock just after the hour mark when a clever through ball from Paul McQuilken released the busy Monti.

He steadied himself before drilling an angled shot across McGlenaghan and into the far corner of his net for 1-0.

Just seven minute later, John Richardson's charges were celebrating again as frontman Monti was picked out by a truly sublime Ryan Deas pass and he took one touch before despatching an unstoppable shot beyond the helpless keeper.

Ashfield were now a beaten side and it was no surprise when Pollok added a third goal through Monti's strike partner Willie Sawyers, who showed some delightful footwork in rounding McGlenaghan to slide home a shot for 3-0.

Man-of-the-match Monti was ecstatic afterwards, and said: "The first half was a bit of a battle with both teams cancelling each other out in midfield and the game itself was calling out for a goal.

"Thankfully we took our chances and went on to win quite convincingly because it could easily have gone Ashfield's way if they had got their noses in front.

"To win a cup at the start of the season as well as one at the end is just fantastic and we now have to improve on the bit in between."

Losing gaffer Stevie Rankin admitted: "Congratulations go to Pollok as we really were well beaten on the night.

"We were the architects of our own downfall in giving the ball away cheaply and then failing to match runners.

"Carlo Monti's finishing was probably the difference but overall we can have no complaints about the result in the end."