THE Dundee team of 1962 became heroes when they won the Division One title.

The following season they reached the semi-final of the European Cup before losing to AC Milan...

BILLY WILKIE (Motherwell) – Can you confirm that, when Dundee FC won the League Championship in 1962, the match which clinched the title was against St Johnstone and that this victory also relegated the Perth side?

This vital match took place on April 28, 1962, at Muirton Park (St Johnstone's home ground before McDiarmid Park).

In front of a crowd of more than 25,000, two goals from Alan Gilzean and one by Andy Penman gave Dundee a 3-0 victory and the League Championship for the first and, so far, only time.

The result also meant that St Johnstone were relegated along with Stirling Albion.

The Perth side actually finished on the same points total as St Mirren and Airdrie, but went down because they had the worst goal average.

The teams in that historic match were: St Johnstone: Taylor, McFadyen, Lachlan, Little, J Ferguson, Donlevy, McIntyre, Townsend, McVittie, A Ferguson and Thomson.

Dundee: Liney, Hamilton, Cox, Seith, Ure, Wishart, Smith, Penman, Cousin, Gilzean and Robertson.

G. SAMUELS (Glasgow) – Do you have a result and date of a benefit match arranged for Patsy Gallagher at Celtic Park? He played for Celtic and Falkirk.

The benefit match for Patsy Gallagher, the " Mighty Atom" as he was called, was played on January 4, 1932. A Celtic/Falkirk Select played against a League Select XI and the attendance was 5,000.

The result was a high-scoring 10-7 victory for the Celtic/Falkirk Select, so the fans were well entertained.

At half-time it was 4-3 to the home side, then in the second half it went to 7-5, which then became 8-7, then finally 10-7.

The main goalscorer was Hughes of Celtic who netted eight of his side's goals.

J RANKIN (Glasgow) – Did Kilmarnock win the Tennent-Caledonian Cup in the late Seventies by beating Rangers at Ibrox in their own tournament?

On August 4, 1979, Kilmarnock drew 2-2 with Rangers in the final. The Ibrox club were 2-0 ahead but, in the last four minutes of the game, Killie scored twice to make it 2-2.

The match went to penalties and Killie won 5-3. In the semi-finals, Kilmarnock drew 1-1 with Brighton, but went through 6-5 on penalties. Rangers beat West Ham 3-2.

The attendance in the final was 15,000.